Everything you need to know about sunscreen safety
Everything you need to know about sunscreen safety and vitamin D deficiencies is in this article from Happi Magazine.
- Sunscreen use is safe and recommended to prevent skin cancers (including melanoma).
- The preferred method of treating vitamin D deficiencies is with supplementation.
- Oxybenzone is safe when used appropriately.
- retinoids in suncreens are safe.
- People with a high risk of skin cancer should use a topical or oral retinoid.
- The use of nanosized particles in sunscreens need more studies before their safety can be properly assessed.